If you have a few pictures that you wish to upload you can easily do so through the Online Inventory Management System.
Sign on to your AbeBooks account with your email address and password. Then, from your Members Menu, below "Your books" click on "Manage My Books and Images"
- Enter the search criteria of a specific listing, or leave all fields blank and click on the first "View Items" button to display your entire inventory
- Thumbnails of existing images, or placeholder icons when no image is present, will display in the left hand column. To upload or edit an image or images, click the "Update Images" link or click on the image icon
- On the Update Images screen, you can either upload an image from your computer or provide the URL to the image
- Click [Browse for file] to upload an image from your computer. Click "Add Image from URL" to enter a URL instead (e.g.:http://yourpictureurlwouldlooksomethinglikethis.gif)
- When you have completed selecting your image(s), click [Upload Image(s)] and the upload process will begin. Keep in mind that if you are using very large images, the upload process may take some time, especially if your Internet connection is slow
Upon completion of the upload, you will receive confirmation that the images have been successfully uploaded. It can take up to 24 hours after uploading for the images to display online - we need this time to resize the images and have them indexed
If you have multiple images you wish to upload, you may wish to consider sending a Zip file. This can be done through your members menu or FTP.
For more information on sending image files please click here.
If you experience difficulty please contact our Customer Service Team.
You can find further details about using the Online Invenotry Management System (OIMS) here.